Key notes for training plan block 1 October & November
- Some people still have races left, the plan will be loaded, do not rush back into training, take a few weeks rest etc if you wish, there is no pressure to start next week just because a block has been loaded onto training peaks.
- We are on recovery block and then a transition block, each are 4 weeks long (8 weeks total). Even if you’ve just started, you should follow the recovery block and transition block. You may be keen to really push on, but it’s too early and you’ll burn out by early next year.
- There will be 2 swim, bike and run for the first 4 weeks plus strength work. The swim, bike and run should be easy and you should focus purely on enjoyment. Swim, ride and run easy, get outdoors when possible, have a rest from the analytical data. Slow down to build the foundation.
- There are 2 strength work sessions for ‘pathway A’ which can also be done by ‘pathway B’ If you wish. We’ll discuss in more on the FB page, but in the short term, work out how you can access a gym or strength equipment.
- There is flexibility in the routine as people are at different stages of training and different levels of fitness & experience.
- Swim twice per week as that’s key at this time of year.
- Read the PDF document on the swim page as an overview of swim technique HERE.
- The strength work is to enhance maximal force on the bike (the peak you hit in the 10 second sprint). Go and look at your bike test results and understand your own scores, strengths and weaknesses.
- Ask questions on the Facebook page…