Open water swimming at 3 Sisters will commence Wednesday March 31st
There will be 2 swim sessions: Wednesday 7:00-8:00pm and Saturday 8:30-9:30am.
You need to register here to receive our weekly email which will keep you informed
You can register here and pay for the swim sessions on any Wednesday or Saturday
Social distancing measures we’ll be adopting:
Whilst we don’t have current guidance, we assume that social distancing measures will need to be in place, similar to those in 2020. These will include:
1. The swims will initially be limited to 100 people.
2. You’ll need to pay £6 in advance online to book your slot, so there’s no registration or payment on night.
3. Briefing will be online beforehand, not on the night.
4. No spectators are allowed to come, it’s strictly swimmers only. The only exception is youngsters who wish to swim, may need 1 parent to drive them and this will be allowed.
5. We will not be running coached groups, we will simply be swimming laps of the lake and will give you some ideas for sessions / distances you can swim.
6. We may take a little more time to get everyone into the water, so please be patient.
New rules for 2021
As we are hoping to start early, we expect the water temperature to be lower than normal. We’ll have stock of neoprene hats, socks and gloves in March and suggest you purchase unless you’re accustomed to the cold. Wetsuits are compulsory, no skins swimming and we do not hire wetsuits. If you’d like to purchase a wetsuit, please contact the store.
All under 16s must have a swim float, as per previous years. There are 2 loops on the lake, a smaller 750m loop and a larger 1250m loop. From the beginning of April until mid May, we will be using the smaller loop ONLY as it allows us to manage safety much better. From mid May onwards, you will be able to swim the larger loop. You can stand up anywhere on the 750m loop, so it’s a very safe place to start open water swimming.
If you’d like to receive the link to book sessions, please ensure that you have registered for this year. If you’re not sure if you’ve registered, simply do it again.