Open water swimming at 3 Sisters will commence Wednesday March 31st
Swimming takes place every Wednesday 7:00-8:00pm
WEEKLY EMAIL – You need to register here to receive our weekly email which will keep you informed
REGISTER TO SWIM – You can register here and pay for the swim sessions on any Wednesday
WHAT’S ON EACH WEEK? – To see the session plan for each week go here
Social distancing measures we’ll be adopting:
Whilst we don’t have current guidance, we assume that social distancing measures will need to be in place, similar to those in 2020. These will include:
1. The swims will initially be limited to 120 people.
2. You’ll need to pay £6 in advance online to book your slot, so there’s no registration or payment on night.
3. Until May 17th, no spectators are allowed to come, it’s strictly swimmers only. The only exception is youngsters who wish to swim, may need 1 parent to drive them and this will be allowed.
4. From May 5th it will be coached groups (novice / intermediate / advanced). You can simply register for the evening, then choose your group on the night. You do not need to pre-book coaching. Check the session plan above to see what’s happening on a weekly basis.
5. We may take a little more time to get everyone into the water, so please be patient.
6. All under 16s must have a swim float, as per previous years.
New rules for 2021
As we are hoping to start early, we expect the water temperature to be lower than normal. We’ll have stock of neoprene hats, socks and gloves in March and suggest you purchase unless you’re accustomed to the cold. Wetsuits are compulsory, no skins swimming and we do not hire wetsuits. If you’d like to purchase a wetsuit, please contact the store.
Go to Landgate Primary School in Bryn, WN4 0EP and depending upon your direction of travel, turn into Landgate Lane. Continue straight on, following the dirt track for half a mile until you cross a railway bridge. You will then turn left through the first gate, 200m after the bridge and follow the track to the car parking area.
IMPORTANT – There is no post code for the waterski club, neither are we at 3 Sisters Country Park. Don’t try to reach the lake from the other end of Landgate Lane in Goldborne, a barrier at the farm will stop you reaching us.